The members of Cimbi's steering group are:
- Professor Gitte Moos Knudsen who is the center director. She is based at the Neurobiology Research Unit (NRU) at Rigshospitalet.
- Professor Hartwig R. Siebner who is based at the Danish Research Centre for Magnetic Resonance (DRCMR) at Hvidovre Hospital.
- Professor Lars Kai Hansen who is based at the Department of Informatics and Mathematical Modelling at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU).
- Professor Terry L. Jernigan who is based at the Department of Cognitive Science at University of California, San Diego (UCSD).
- Professor Sven Frøkjær who is based at the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences (former FARMA) at University of Copenhagen.
- Chief Medical Officer Jannik Hilsted who is based at Rigshospitalet.
The Cimbi center manager is:
- Peter S. Jensen who is based at the Neurobiology Research Unit (NRU) at Rigshospitalet.
In the first life cycle of Cimbi (Cimbi-I, 2006-10), the steering group had a management meeting once a month. In the second lifecycle of Cimbi (Cimbi-II, 2011-15), the Council of Investigators (COI) group meetings have replaced the monthly steering group meetings and the steering group now has a more withdrawn role, primarily taking care of broader issues like economy and new strategic initiatives. The steering group now has only one scheduled meeting a year, right after the annual meeting.